Friday, September 23, 2011

some kind of melancholy.

"I've heard it said that prayer is the act of talking to God, while meditation is the act of listening."
— Elizabeth Gilbert 


Different times, different feelings. Maybe you've learnt new things, or maybe you have forgotten how you'd used to think too. 

Anyhow, I miss little Penang so much more than the first time leaving. This time, it seemed like I had only that much time spent there. I don't know how much would have made it enough, or if I would have even wanted that 'enough' (because I would not have left it in pursue of something that resonated with me more in the first place, if I did). But that is what I was talking about forgetting how you'd used to think.
Old obsessions seem distant, both in time and at times, 'in heart'. I wonder why, not that I regret it, but every once in a while when it strolls through impersonating thoughts, I do wonder. I guess that it's like what they say, that it's not the final destination that counts, but the journey.

The experiences it had given me and the ways to expand and grow myself mentally; I could not have done those any other way.


It was such a blessing to meet up with all those close to my heart. Sure, I probably did not get to meet them all entirely, but I think I did a pretty good job and met about three-quarters. I was such pleasure meeting them, be it chatting about our stories, or even keeping each other in a few minutes silence. It probably sounds twisted to some, but I think I didn't realise how much I'd missed them till I met them.


Also, I have been taking 2-megapixel photos with my phone camera. It somehow amuses me in seeing how I could actually try to capture point-of-views and form interesting or pretty pictures, rather than plainly relying on megapixel-quality and try to fool people into thinking it's a good photo. Or editing them with those one-click apps that everyone uses now on iPhones till all their photos look the same.

So here are some unedited, Penang-life (or rather, more accurately, what I did and saw in Penang) captured in two megapixels.

the apom man

fresh apom (which are sort of like pancakes, but still different)

some evening scenery from the side of my house which I took just before my family and I left the house to go for dinner

a roadside stall (common sight in Penang) selling fruits

a lit-up ship in the distant dark

around me in the garden (right after breakfast)

reading

in town

fuzzz


the air that I breathe, words that link each other into those breezes

No comments:

Post a Comment