Tuesday, May 6, 2014

floating steps

I was sitting in the office
thinking of something less pretty
only to remember that
I'm trying to eliminate ugly

So I looked up at the windows
framed like a glass tank
and noticed a soft drift
that reminded me of snow
Perhaps it was spring saying hello


We've had two weeks of sunshine
and I'm afraid that gold's been all used up
Because the forecast speaks of rain and drizzle
I thought the Irish had better luck

But I look down at my black tights
with skin shining through
And realised how I'm still dressed in winter
Blue, blue, black with magenta shoes

Proving how I walk with my heart
Through days of gloom

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful! <3 "I thought the Irish had better luck" hahaha, it reminded me so much of when I went to visit you and it pretty much rained every single day :P

    ReplyDelete