Saturday, March 3, 2012

finding spring.


i will run alongside the spirit of the universe and follow the calling of only my heart. i will have everything and nothing, and i will be free.
live inspired. ♥
– Karrah Kobus




My cousin once wrote and shared the paragraph below, and because it's so beautiful as well as inspiring, I thought that it suits the sun-bathed feeling of these pictures so I'll share it here:


‎"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.' "
– Kurt Vonnegut

Listen to the man. What is he actually saying? 
He's saying that when the sun is shining on your face, when the cool breeze ruffles your hair and the azure sky reminds you of the infinite possibilities open to you; 
or when you are frolicking with friends, conscious of the exact instant so infused with raw happiness that you can't help but smile from the depths of your being because you realize how rare such opportunities could be; 
or when you read a passage in a book and you realize how unutterably profound it is and you wonder at the intellect that could have produced such beauty; 
or when you feel the controller of your Wii getting balmy from the sweat of your palms because you have been holding it for 2 hours straight, beating the shit out of your friend in some mindless game; 
or when you are simply sitting and staring out the window, a rare moment in your life where your mind is blank and you can fill it with whatever you want:
 well, think about those moments, consciously think about them, for in them you were happy, and content, and they may or may not come again, but at least you were aware of them, 
and although the totality of your existence is not the sum of those moments, 
they are, however, part of the kaleidoscope of your experiences, and thinking about them puts markers on your journey, 
where the markers proclaim: "I was here, I was happy, I would have stayed longer, but this marks my place on this road, and I can come back whenever I want to."


I hope that you are all living your lives out :)




*Thanks to the lovely Caitlin for joining me on our little photoshoot run and being so amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment