Friday, November 25, 2011

a little for today

LOL! This is a snapshot from a silent movie I watched for film class.
Found it ticklishly humourous. 


It's been a while since I've written a real post, well, I'm not sure about you, but I do feel like it has been a while. Especially a written one. With real thoughts and inspiration.

I guess that I wouldn't really say that I've been busy? But I think I have been a little taken over by life's pace... and I think I'm losing track of where I actually want to go. I have also perhaps been just flowing along with what comes and while it might seem alright now, I have suspicions that I wouldn't perform as well as I actually really want to if I don't do something to change it now. 

Anyway, I found a little something, and I thought that it would be nice to share it here. 
If it can inspire you even as much as it can for me, I would say that I'm just glad to have been able to share. :)


22 Ways to Become Spectacularly Inspirational

1. Do important work vs. merely offering opinions.
2. Lift people up vs. tear others down.
3. Use the words of leadership vs. the language of victimhood.
4. Don’t worry about getting the credit for getting things done.
5. Become part of the solution rather than part of the problem.
6. Take your health to a level called superfit.
7. Commit to mastery of your craft instead of accepting mediocrity in your work.
8. Associate with people whose lives you want to be living.
9. Study for an hour a day. Double your learning and you’ll triple your success.
10. Run your own race. “No one can possibly achieve real and lasting success by being a conformist,” wrote billionaire J. Paul Getty
11. Do something small yet scary every single day.
12. Lead Without a Title.
13. Focus on people’s strengths vs. obsessing around their weaknesses.
14. Remember that potential unused turns into pain. So dedicate yourself to expressing your best.
15. Smile more.
16. Listen more.
17. Read the autobiography of Nelson Mandela.
18. Reflect on the words of Eleanor Roosevelt who said: “Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”
19. Persist longer than the critics suggest you should.
20. Say “please” and “thank you”.
21. Love your loved ones.
22. Do work that matters.

by Robin Sharma, via

No comments:

Post a Comment