Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Happy

  Someone had a talk with me that day.
  She heard about all the huge and crazy dreams that I have, and she disapproved of them. She discouraged me. She told me that I would never win.


'You want to study English Literature?' You'll never find a job.
'You want to take up photography?' You'll need to go to war torn countries and probably get shot yourself.
  I heard them. They weren't even like wind. I could take calm and inspiration from the wind. This, I could not. So I didn't listen. 
  Never will.

  But I sat there. I have no idea now why I did. When I had homework and all to do, and books to read and things on my to do list. But I sat there. And each word that she spoke, were like knives thrown. They never know it, these discouragers, they never do. Probably never will. They probably think that everyone's lives are like theirs, or at least, all those around them will have lives like theirs. 
  I tried to smile, as one after another, the words hurled. I really did.
But they -the smiles- probably came out more like grimaces. I don't know.

  At the end of it, I was just bruised. And it hurt. The foundation I had built for months wobbled a little, like a tornado passing through a tower.


  But then I realised, that these will happen. When you start out for something big, there are things that are going to try and stop you. They'll tell you you'll never do it, never make it. That you're not Bill Gates or J.K. Rowling. 

  But this are all not wasted. 

Because all these hurricanes and tornadoes and earthquakes are jut to test you. Test your foundation of hope and strength. To oppose them, you'll just have to push harder. And you will win.

" Sometimes you are going to have to persist in the face of obstacles -unseen obstacles- that no amount of planning or forethought could have predicted.
Sometimes, you'll encounter what seem like overwhelming odds.
And sometimes, the universe will test your commitment to the goal you're pursuing.
The going may be hard, requiring you to refuse to give up while you learn new lessons, develop new parts of yourself and difficult decisions."
-Jack Canfield


This is a song I think shouts exactly what I want to say.
Enjoy.


[Verse 1:]
Someone once told me that you have to choose
What you win or lose
You can't have everything
Don't you take chances
Might feel the pain
Don't you love in vain
Cause love won't set you free
I could stand by the side
And watch this life pass me by
So unhappy
But safe as could be

So what if it hurts me?
So what if I break down?
So what if this world just throws me off the edge
My feet run out of ground

I gotta find my place
I wanna hear my sound
Don't care about all the pain in front of me
Cause i'm just trying to be happy, yeah
Just wanna be happy, yeah


[Verse 2:]
Holding on tightly
Just can't let it go
Just trying to play my role
Slowly disappear, ohh
But all these days, they feel like they're the same
Just different faces, different names
Get me out of here
I can't stand by your side, ohh no
And watch this life pass me by, pass me by


[Chorus:]
So what if it hurts me?
So what if I break down?
So what if this world just throws me off the edge
My feet run out of ground
I gotta find my place
I wanna hear my sound
Don't care about all the pain in front of me
Cause i'm just trying to be happy, ohh, happy, ohh

[Bridge:]
So any turns that I can't see,
like I'm a stranger on this road
But don't say victim
Don't say anything


[Chorus:]
So what if it hurts me?
So what if I break down?
So what if this world just throws me off the edge
My feet run out of ground
I gotta find my place
I wanna hear my sound
Don't care about all the pain in front of me

[Outro:]
I just wanna be happy
Ohh, yeah, happy, ohh, happy
I just wanna be, ohh
I just wanna be happy
Ohh, happy 

 'Happy' by Leona Lewis

 
*photos do not belong to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment